Tuesday, November 24, 2009

kick in the stomach, lump in the throat, beautiful feeling.

Sometimes i will be listening to a song that ive heard at least 43 times and it will literally crash into me like a ton of beautiful bricks. beautiful bricks? yes, thats how it feels. its like im listening to a whole new song and the person that wrote the song knows my heart better than i do. 

and all of a sudden i want to cry and laugh and dance and spin around and run and run and run until my heart feels like its going to pound out of my chest... but mostly i just want to cry, cause thats what i do best. ive been having moments like this alot lately. its the moments that my heart ache, i mean like physically ache and its beautiful and i dont want the feeling to end. the feeling is so real and the song and God are so present that it hurts and i know that the moment is soon going to slip away...

i wish those moments lasted longer. because in those moments, in those sunsets that make us momentarily forget how to breathe, those songs that we feel through the tips of our toes, in those moments we are experiencing eternity. Jesus has been giving me so many of those moments lately. i dont deserve them. and that makes me cry alot. i also dont want them to feel any less i dont want to become numb to it or any less grateful. i want it to constantly feel like every nerve in my body is dancing furiously. i want the aching heart and the butterflies in my stomach and the lump in my throat. its all so real and so beautiful.

this morning while i was making coffee and folding clothes, it was this song that gave me the incredible gift of heaven on earth:

The Glorious Unseen - Burn In Me  

Fire of God
Burn in me
Capture my heart again
Pull me through
Make me clean
I'm reaching for your love


Come carry me now
I'm crying out
For someone I can not see

Come carry me now
I'm crying


How I long to be broken
How I want to be near you
How my heart skips beats when
Your love excepts me as I am

Breathe of God
Breath on me
Hold me in your hands
Take my life
This offering
And use me where I am


Come carry me now
I'm crying out
For someone I can not see
Come carry me now
I'm crying


How I long to be broken
How I want to be near you
How my heart skips beats when
Your love excepts me as I am


How I long to be broken
How I want to be near you
How my heart skips beats when
Your love excepts me as I am


Come burn in me
Come burn in me
Come burn in me
Burn in me 


if you want to listen to it a million times like i just did or just once....

http://www.myspace.com/thegloriousunseen

they also do a cover of my most favoritestestestestest song in the whole wide world How He Loves.

thats all for now. i pray God gives you an earth shattering, love filled, beautiful, true moment of eternity today. thats all that really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment