Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti and feeling really really small.

Some days I wake up feeling like I can change the world. I feel as though nothing and no one could stop me and there is enough love in my heart to reach across every part of this world. Other days I wake up feeling so small, helpless and insignificant. Today is one of those days. 
What is happening in Haiti is truly breaking my heart and at the same time I cant even imagine what these people are going through. I am sitting here in my living room drinking a cup of coffee, typing on my laptop and I know that my family and friends are all safe. I tried watching CNN earlier and I had to change the channel. I just couldn't take it. But there are people actually living this nightmare right now, not just sitting and watching it on their tv screens.
I realized that it is days like these when my change the world, love filled heart needs to work over time. I shouldn't feel insignificant because there is something I can do. I may not be able to donate millions or fly to Haiti and be a shoulder to cry on. But I can donate the 20 dollars I was planning to spend on these shoes I saw at target the other day, I can pray and pray and pray for those beautiful souls and love them without knowing their names. I urge you to do the same.


PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE donate if you can. Spare yourself 2 trips to Starbucks and give $10.
www.redcross.org


Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment