Thursday, June 10, 2010

thoughts and blurbs.


Sorry in advance... this post is kind of going to be everywhere, cause thats where my mind is right now.

Its funny at this point in my life with as much as I know and have seen, that I still dont get it. This life thing, I dont understand it. And im like... a complete idiot, really. Like I understand things without actually applying them to my life. Like God has shown me time and time again that he knows better than me. He's shown me that he has a life planned out for me that is so amazing and purposeful and I can live that life if I would just move the eff out of the way and let him work. I dont want to be in charge of my life cause I mean really, who in their right mind would want me to be in charge of their life. But as many times as I ask him to take the lead, I constantly find myself trying to figure it out on my own. Im daily trying to plan out my next week, month, year, life. I dont want the life I planned out for myself. Its way too cliche, way too predictable and not at all exciting and I wish I would just realize that and let God do his thang. Moving on.....

Last week God gave me another opportunity to go to camp with smiling little angels disguised as loud, potty mouth, hilarious teenagers and watch hearts be transformed. I am really truly blessed and I dont say it enough. Waking up waaaaaay too early by the sound of blow dryers and doors, way too much food, way too many inside jokes, burnt dinosaur looking shoulders, fooseball, singing at the top of my lungs, cowboys, saving america from a canadian invasion, pie in the face, shaving cream in the ear, jumping in the pool fully clothed, watching blob contests, walking on ropes across trees, christmas in june, and all to finally see beautiful hearts return home to their father... yep... its all worth it... I still dont understand why God lets me be a part of it.

Yeah they are part time bible models. Gosh I love them!



I also met JJ Heller this week! And as much as I tried to act cool and nonchalant I was secretly a little fan girl. Her music has gotten me through the roughest, most broken times of my life. I am soooooo incredibly grateful for her and her husband and all the beautiful songs they have created.

I get to go back to Lost Canyon with another group of kids saturday and I am so excited. Thank you God for choosing me to be one of your warriors.

I want to wrap myself up in a book. Its been a while since Ive dropped everything and read.

Speaking of dropping everything and reading... me and my best friend and our mamas were chatting today and we remembered back to 4th grade when we would have D.E.A.R. days (drop everything and read days) where we could bring a pillow and blanket and some snacks and books to school and just sit around and read all day. Most kids would just bring like 2 or 3 books and call it a day. But me and Stephanie would literally bring our whole book shelf. Anyway one day after D.E.A.R. day we had our tons of books and it was raining outside and her mom forgot to pick us up! hahaha. She was crying and I kept telling her to shutup and it was pretty hilarious. I dont know why I just shared that story... told you my mind is all over the place right now.

Also... if super nintendo playing was a profession I would do that for the rest of my life.



2 comments:

  1. I think we can some how make playing Super Nintendo into a profession. Let's try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had DEAR time too in 4th grade. It was awesome. Let's have a dear date. And I love you. This is Britney by the way. I really need to figure out how to blog.

    ReplyDelete