Monday, March 14, 2011

oh, my heart.

If my heart were to be laid out in the open at this very moment, completely real, vulnerable, and honest... it would look and sound a lot like this...




Every once in awhile I come across a song that takes over my life and I think "um did my heart write this? cause it sure sounds like it did!" Sometimes I hear it for the first time and bam... just like that I will never be the same. Other times, like in this case, it is a song that I have either heard a million times or has been hiding in my itunes library. It just takes that one time to hear it in just the right setting... and God meets me where I am... He picks me up off my feet and grasps me so tightly that I can barely breathe. I want to laugh and cry and smile and dance around but mostly cry cause I am so good at it and I know... I mean I just KNOW that at that very moment I am right where I should be... music is so powerful. God is so powerful.





"So I'll stop searching for the answers. I'll stop praying for an escape. And I'll trust you God with where I am and believe that you will have your way."

I try to figure everything out too much. I try to know everything and plan everything and prepare for everything but you know what... Im not God... and no matter how many times I live life with that kind of attitude and structure, I am gonna suck it up big time. I just need trust more than I need knowledge. I need God, I need truth, I need to drown in Grace and be wrapped up in His big loving arms and just chill the freak out. I also need to go write a paper... Garcia out...

1 comment: